A restaurant's success depends how well it is managed. Successful management will result in a loyal customer base and great reputation. It is important to have a clear plan that will keep a steady stream of customers coming through the doors.
The following are a number of tips to manage a restaurant successfully:
Control Costs: The ability to manage and control costs is essential to running a successful restaurant. You should have an effective inventory management system. It is important not to waste food by ordering too much. Too much food will result in spoilage. As well, make sure you have clear sense of how much food you need to prepare each day. When it comes to staffing costs, make sure you have enough employees during peak hours and a minimal number on duty during the slow hours.
Customer Service: Staff should be properly trained to provide excellent customer service. All staff should be dedicated, hard working, friendly, courteous, and attentive to their customers. Make sure your staff knows that they are a valued member of the restaurant. Give positive feed back and communicate positively when correcting mistakes. As well, they should be able handle customer complaints effectively and with grace. Customers should feel welcome and that their patronage is appreciated.
Food: The food you serve should be fresh. Your dishes should be unique and relevant to the theme and atmosphere of the restaurant. Offer healthy dinners for people who maintain a health conscious lifestyle. With each dish served, make sure the quality of the food is consistent. Regularly add a unique dish as a special.
Cleanliness: The restaurant should be clean and well maintained, including the bathrooms. A dirty table should be cleaned and reset quickly. Floors and walls should be clean. If the place is dirty, it will reflect poorly on the overall restaurant, including the food.
Atmosphere: The restaurant should be warm and welcoming. The decor should match the theme of the restaurant. Appropriate colors and lighting should be professional and match the ambience. Decorations should be pleasing to the eye. Consider using music to add to the theme and atmosphere.
Restaurant Marketing: It is important that you have a strategy for advertising your restaurant. This can include marketing at hotels, local newspaper, and in fliers. You should be offering daily specials as well as providing special coupons. Sponsoring community events is another way to get the word out about your restaurant. Holding special contests is a good option for advertising your restaurant. This can include holding a draw to win a meal or gift certificate. Make sure you can cater to various organization events such as providing a buffet for a large group event.
Managing a restaurant takes a lot of work, energy, and time. It is essential that a restaurant implements an effective management strategy in order to maintain a successful business. Attracting and maintaining customers is an essential component of maintaining a flourishing restaurant. With the proper management plan, one will see their restaurant thrive.
The ability to attract and maintain customers is essential to the success of a restaurant. You need a constant flow of customers coming into your restaurant on a daily basis. Just posting an Open sign in the front window is not enough to attract customers. You need to have a strategy to bring in customers.
The following are a number of tips to attract customers to your restaurant:
1. Market Your Restaurant: There are a number of different things you can do to market your restaurant. You can market at nearby hotels, motels, and other accommodations. You can provide a discount coupon for hotel guests. Use local flyers and newspapers to advertise special discounts. Hand out restaurant menus in public places or though the mail. You can also sponsor different events such as sporting or charity functions. You can also enter your staff in a charity event. The publicity will be very beneficial. Holding contests such as the chance to win a meal or gift certificate will attract customers.
2. Food: The food you serve is a key element to attracting and keeping customers. Make your dishes unique and stand apart from the other restaurants. Quality at a reasonable price is essential. Because more people are embracing a healthy life, offer some healthy dishes. Try serving samples in public areas such as supermarkets. As well, hand out a menu flyer with the samples.
3. Staff: It is essential to hire vibrant, friendly, and hard working staff. They are on the front lines of the restaurant and reflect the restaurants vision. Customers will return to a restaurant that has great staff. Colors and decorations should be appealing.
4. Restaurant Atmosphere: Make sure your restaurant is warm and inviting. The restaurant should be clean, including the bathrooms. The temperature should be comfortable and the seating should be relaxing and comfy. A dirty table should be cleaned and reset quickly.
5. Special Deals: It is important to offer special deals regularly, even daily. This will keep the customers returning. You can even often free appetizers such as bread, chips, or finger foods. You can also have special such as a free meal on ones birthday.
6. Gift Certificates: A gift certificate is a great way to acquire new customers. They also make for great gifts for such holidays as Christmas. Make sure you have an expiry date on the certificate.
7. Customer Loyalty Programs: Loyalty programs are a great way to build a customer base. You can send out newsletters, special deals only for them, coupons, or a complimentary meal deal such as a buy 2 get 1 free meal. You can also send out a discount offer on a new menu item. Acquiring customer emails is a great way to keep in contact with them.
A restaurants success depends on the volume of customers coming through its doors. It is important that you implement a plan that shows customers that their patronage is appreciated and valued. Actively promoting your restaurant will result in long term success.
Hollywood is a popular tourist attraction, and Hollywood restaurants are popular with the steady influx of tourists who come to view celebrity homes, visit historic sites, and take photos of the landmark Hollywood sign. With so many to choose from, it can be hard to decide which restaurant to choose. This article will focus on some of the best takeout restaurants in the area. After a long day of site-seeing, or a long day of work, it as easy to fall into the pattern of ordering from the same take-out restaurants again and again. The good news is that there are many takeout restaurant options available.
If you are looking for a Thai restaurant in the Hollywood area, look no further than Pink Pepper. Since 1989, this moderately priced dining option has been serving traditional Thai food with a California twist. The menu includes a full assortment of salads, soups, appetizers, entrees, and desserts, and offers the option of takeout for those on the go. The Green Curry Fried Rice and the signature Pink Pepper Rolls are popular menu choices.
For a healthy, Vegan twist on traditional Thai and Chinese dishes, California Vegan serves dishes like Fried Soy Fish with Sweet Chili Sauce, and Pad Thai served with a choice of Tofu, Soy, Chicken, Soy Fish, Seitan, Pepper Steak, or Soy Shrimp. For dessert, Vegan Carrot Cake with Soy Ice Cream and other health conscious options provide an appealing alternative to regular restaurant fare.
Anyone who is in the mood for a traditional Italian dinner will want to try the cuisine offered by Vivoli Cafe, located at 7994 Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood. With authentic dishes like Zuppa di Mare, (soup with clams, mussels, calamari, salmon and shrimp in tomato broth) and Involitini di Melanzane (Eggplant filled with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and tomato sauce) and a wide assortment of pizzas, it is easy to see why Vivoli is a local favorite.
For an authentic Italian breakfast, lunch, or dinner, Marcos Trattoria is also a popular Hollywood area choice. For breakfast, Marcos offers an assortment of egg dishes cooked to order, as well as Frittatas and Omelets. For bigger appetites, Gyorgys Breakfast, a three egg omelet with Roma tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach served with diced potatoes and two Chocolate Chip pancakes with homemade strawberry topping is a customer favorite. Lunch and dinner options include an assortment of salads and appetizers, pizzas, pasta, and entrees.
These are just some of the many takeout dining options available in the Hollywood area.