People want a dining experience that allows them to take a break from their everyday problems and stresses. As soon as people walk into a restaurant, their assessment of the establishment begins. If they do not like the appearance and atmosphere of the restaurant, they are likely to turn around and walk out. The visual cues are fundamental components to attracting and retaining diners.
The atmosphere of a restaurant should project a sense of friendliness and relaxation. It should be attractive, clean, with well dressed wait staff. The atmosphere is one part of the dining experience that is remembered. For the restaurant owner, the atmosphere along with the food is essential qualities that will encourage repeat diners.
The ambience of the restaurant must be pleasing to the eye. Ambience will depend on the type of restaurant such as luxury, informal, or fast food. With formal or luxury restaurants, a restaurant's ambience should reflect elegance. The restaurant can create an ambience by using such furnishings as fresh flowers, professional paintings, candles, soft music such as classical, linen napkins and tablecloths. There will also be elegant dress code with waitstaff in stylish and professional uniforms. Male servers will be wearing ties.
The atmosphere should emanate warmth and a welcoming. Many restaurants will use certain colors to help enhance the ambience. Colors will reflect the theme. If it is a romantic restaurant, colors will be subtle and the lighting will be dim, but the candles will provide the right amount of lighting to see one another and their meals. The color green emphasizes restfulness and tranquility. Violet and purple emphasizes elegance and sophistication. Yellow emphasizes cheerfulness and warmth. The decor will say to a diner that the restaurant is elegant, stylish, and comfortable.
Luxury restaurants provide some of the loveliest atmosphere to enjoy a meal. Most restaurants take great care in their decor, design, and lighting, in order to provide a comfortable and pleasing ambience. Restaurants that focus on a particular ethnic theme, such as Italian, Chinese, or Mexican, the furnishings and decorations will reflect and enhance the ethnic design. There may also be music to add to the ambience such as a certain type of music like romantic soft music, or there may be a performer such as a harpist, pianist, or a classical guitar player.
The aroma is an important part of a restaurant's atmosphere. The aroma should be pleasing. For instance, an elegant restaurant may have a scent of flowers in the air. As well, people enjoy such aromas as fresh brewed coffee and oven-baked bread. Unpleasant odors will only cause a diner to leave and never return.
The temperature of the restaurant should make a diner comfortable. In the winter, the dining room should be warm and cozy. In the summer, it should be comfortably cool. The proper temperature allows the customer to relax and enjoy their meal.
Designing the best and most appealing atmosphere takes careful planning. It should be designed to attract a large number of people. The atmosphere taps into one's senses such as sight, touch, smell, and hearing. The right atmosphere can relax guests and generate contentment as well as repeat customers. The proper atmosphere and food can make the dining experience pleasant, relaxing, and memorable.
If you are planning to open a restaurant, one important thing you have to do is acquire the right restaurant supplies. You do not want to spend hours or even days trying to locate the specific supplies that you require for your restaurant. There are a number of quick and easy ways to locate the exact supplies you need for opening or maintaining a successful restaurant.
One of the best ways to locate restaurant suppliers is to search online. There are restaurant suppliers of every type on the internet. Any kind of product you require can be found online. You can take advantage of online business directories that list restaurant suppliers. As well, there are restaurant supply sites that offer access to thousands of restaurant suppliers. These sites allow you to enter the type of supplies you are looking for and then it will search its database for the supplier that carries your needed supplies. It does all of the work for you. You will save a great deal of time when you use this search tool.
There are restaurant websites that categorize supplies so you can go directly to the company that provides these supplies. Many times they are listed in alphabetical order so you can just click on the item you are looking for such as kitchen supplies, kitchen equipment...etc. You can often do a search for the particular item you are looking for. Many of these sites also allow you to enter your ZIP code so you can find a supplier near you. These sites will often provide information about suppliers that offer very competitive prices on their products.
Another method of acquiring suppliers is to attend commercial restaurant industry trade shows to obtain information about various restaurant suppliers' products and services. You will have access to supplier literature and even talk to restaurant supplier representatives. Restaurant News Source is a site that provides information about various commercial equipment trade shows and they even give contact information for those wanting to acquire more information about events.
Another source of acquiring suppliers is visiting restaurant business association websites for news about restaurant supplies and suppliers. You will learn about the restaurant supply companies that are holding equipment trade shows and conferences. A couple of these sites are the National Restaurant Association website and the Prime Equipment Auction and Realty website. One can usually find discounted restaurant supplies and equipment. As well, each state will have their own Restaurant Association Website where they provide news and trends on local commercial restaurant supply companies. You should sign up to receive newsletters about restaurant supply news and trends by email. There are also news agencies and restaurant magazines that track trends in the restaurant supply industry. Two such websites are Smart Brief and Restaurant and Institutions Magazine.
Finding the right supplier for your restaurant does not have to be a difficult task. Knowing where to look and exactly what type of supplies you are looking for will go a long way to ensuring you acquire the best restaurant supplier to meet your business needs.
With the growth and expansion of restaurants across the country, there has been a trend of restaurants coming up with innovative ways to attract customers. This has lead many restaurants to add more features than just serving great meals. One method of attracting customers is to offer entertainment along with the dining experience.
The following are some entertainment concepts that have been implemented in restaurants:
1. Live music is a very popular attraction at restaurants. Types of live music performances include violinists, single instrument performer such as guitar soloist, harpist, saxophone players, etc. Restaurants can also have musical groups such as jazz bands, country bands, etc. There are restaurants that use live music to enhance the theme of their restaurant. An example would be using mariachi bands for a Mexican restaurant. There are many musical styles to suit everyone's tastes. People can relax, dine, and enjoy the fantastic music.
2. Dinner Theaters are a very popular concept. The restaurant incorporates the meal with the musical theater show. There can be particular themes such as the pop music genre, medieval times, etc. It can very interactive with the performers including the diners in the show. Most are musicals mixed with comedy.
3. There are also restaurant/ entertainment activity restaurants. For instance, there are restaurants designed for kids that have a number of entertainment activities such as carnival type games, video games, slides, jungle gyms, indoor miniature golf, and much more. Chuck E. Cheese restaurants are an example of this type of entertainment restaurant.
4. There are restaurants that specialize in murder mystery entertainment. Along with dinner, guests can become a part of a murder mystery where they have to solve clues to identify the murderer. Some of these restaurants offer murder mystery weekend packages.
5. There are restaurants that host magic shows for their guests. A magician or group of magicians will perform magic tricks while the guests dine.
6. There are also single entertainers that perform at restaurant. Types of entertainers can include comedians, balloon twisters, etc.
7. There are adult orientated restaurants such as Dave and Busters which provides adult orientated games for groups such as team building activities for work related groups (corporate management skills), solving adult games such as puzzles, races, corporate leadership games, themed parties, scavenger hunts, billiards, shuffleboard, bowling, and much more. As well, these types of restaurants can offer buffets and party platters.
8. There is now a growing trend of a theater-restaurant concept that offers sit-down dinner theaters that double as restaurants so moviegoers can enjoy a meal while watching a movie.
If you are looking for a fun night out on the town, there are now restaurants that offer great entertainment, activities, and much more with their meals. It gives customers more of a choice of places to entertain friends and family. You can have a fun filled evening at a place that offers both dinner and entertainment in the same location. Because of the growth of the restaurant industry, there is now something fun and delicious for everyone.